Can't Enable Any Cheat (Solved by myself, the problem was TEMP and TMP path after installing Jedi Survivor)

gmendezm

PRO
I'm a Pro User but when I click in Activate Trainer is not working, for any game. Is there any problem with some third party apps?

gmendezm

PRO
I will explain the problem I had and how I was able to solve it.

CheatEvolution was working perfectly, but it "suddenly" stopped working.

I had no idea what was happening; I couldn't activate any cheats in any game.

It turns out that my issue occurred after installing Jedi Survivor.

So, I thought it might have been Electronic Arts' anti-tamper or the Epic launcher causing the problem.

But what actually happened was that a few days earlier, I had tried to install Jedi Survivor, and it was showing some errors.

I resolved them by changing the path of the TEMP and TMP environment variables to point to C:/TEMP and C:/TMP, respectively. Just as mentioned in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronicarts/comments/12r0lzz/_/jjnb6ui
This caused CheatEvolution, as well as other applications, to stop functioning correctly.

I reverted the paths back to:

TEMP: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp TMP: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

And the problem was solved.

I hope this information is helpful in case someone else experiences a similar issue.

Rhark

Trainer Maker
Staff member
Trainer Makers
PRO
I will explain the problem I had and how I was able to solve it.

CheatEvolution was working perfectly, but it "suddenly" stopped working.

I had no idea what was happening; I couldn't activate any cheats in any game.

It turns out that my issue occurred after installing Jedi Survivor.

So, I thought it might have been Electronic Arts' anti-tamper or the Epic launcher causing the problem.

But what actually happened was that a few days earlier, I had tried to install Jedi Survivor, and it was showing some errors.

I resolved them by changing the path of the TEMP and TMP environment variables to point to C:/TEMP and C:/TMP, respectively. Just as mentioned in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronicarts/comments/12r0lzz/_/jjnb6ui
This caused CheatEvolution, as well as other applications, to stop functioning correctly.

I reverted the paths back to:

TEMP: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp TMP: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

And the problem was solved.

I hope this information is helpful in case someone else experiences a similar issue.
Glad you resolved your issue and that it wasn't anything to do with our app 😊 happy holidays.